rss
email
twitter
facebook

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

AVENUE Magazine APRIL 2011




Another month, another article by me from AVENUE Magazine . I love the front cover as it epitomizes Spring. Awesome work!



I really love contributing to AVENUE Magazine. I helped start this magazine two years ago, and it has been an amazing experience and a real thrill. Writing, interviewing and searching for content fuels my interest and passion for this virtual world called Second Life that helped me rediscover my passion for writing, stunning visuals, arts, and the digital society.


It's a little sad that I get to devote my time less to my baby, when I would work on this so much before, I now work on it less, and if I am really busy, not at all. Ever since I started venturing out on my own and living as I want in the real world, I've slacked off a bit on my contributions, and my heart aches each time. I miss the Skype sessions with the editorial team, vetting the articles, twiddling with Photoshop and InDesign (which I still know so little compared to the living geniuses that is the layout team) and looking through the layout. 


Nowadays I feel like a fish out of its fishbowl. AVENUE Magazine had been my fishbowl for the longest time, and now I witness it grow and expand, with a little help from me, into a thriving, artsy, intelligent magazine that I've always wanted it to be. 


We've got an amazing staff--from the editorial team, to the writers, photographers and the guest contributors. We have our doors open for suggestions from staff, giving us more eyes and ears on the grid when my eyes and ears are not so attuned due to RL. I will always be grateful for the chance that was given to me by Rusch Raymaker, and to the editorial staff, who has to put up with my inconsistencies lately.


To my AVENUE family, please bear with me as I grapple real life with its horns. Thank you so much. 

0 comments: